Sunday, October 16, 2011

FALL

I did not have high expectations for Summer 2011.  I was on bed rest for eight weeks prior to having M in late May.  Having a new baby is an absolute miracle and blessing.  Moving aboard a boat with a one week old and 15 month old was an intimidating and stressful task.  It was not easy to recover from being sedentary (for two months) and giving birth with the added inconvenience of the hike up and down the dock (with two babies).

I am happy that we moved aboard right away.   It took a while to adjust but we got into a good routine and fell in love with this lifestyle.  Needless to say, I was not one of the Washingtonians that was complaining about the "horrible" Summer weather. 

I welcome Fall's arrival...
Leaves are turning...
The air feels clean and crisp.  The colors are beautiful.  

We have established a manageable routine with the kids.  The kids are happy. 
K in a puddle... Ferry in the background
We are happy.  I am excited to bundle the kids up and hike into town for groceries.  I am looking forward to stormy nights aboard the boat.  I am sure the cold and wet weather will get old but I welcome the change.  

I am so thankful that we have jumped into this way of life. 
K
We have adjusted and the kids appear to be thriving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment