Sunday, June 17, 2012

Holding Pattern

The weather kept us at the dock for Father's Day weekend.  :(

I have been chomping at the bit to get the boat out and learn everything I can about our systems, basic sailing theory/concepts, as well as get comfortable with a routine while underway with the kids.

The NOAA weather forecast called for a 70% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday and winds of 15-25 knots.  We have made it our prerogative to stay put when the forecast calls for any winds above 20 knots.  We want to keep our early boating experiences with the kids as positive as possible. 

I am satisfied with staying conservative... however, I have my fingers crossed that we will be able to get out and enjoy some calm and sunny weather soon!

Happy Fathers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment