Wednesday, June 13, 2012

M's Nautical First Birthday Brunch


I have been distracted lately by non-boating non-live aboard related activities.  In an effort to keep things somewhat relevant, I thought I would share photos from M's first birthday "brunch".  

The party was at my mom's house, down in Seattle, so that family could attend without too much travel-hassle.  I tried desperately to keep expenses under control with moderate success.  


"Welcome Aboard" lifesaver on the front door.  Used scrap-booking letters on our existing lifesaver. (Cost: Free to us)

 

Centerpiece on kitchen island - made with dowels from hardware store, felt, goldfish crackers, cotton twine, saran wrap, and already-owned vases.  (Cost: $5 for dowels and felt)


Wrapped silverware using cotton twine and lifesavers.

Sailboat Watermelon

Gluten Free Vegan Zucchini Muffins - used mix from Wholefoods
I purchased (with gift card) an adorable nautical themed cupcake decoration set at an island gift store (Cost: $14.50).

Borrowed Nautical Parade Flags.

Doughnuts, Muffins, Veggies, and Fruit.

The Birthday Boy with his "lifesaver" birthday cake and melt-my-heart outfit.
I made Mr. M's cake out of a store-bought angel food cake and leftover red felt.  I purchased M's sailor outfit on eBay.  (Cost: $12.99)

Tried to keep it easy, simple, and cute!

All of the decoration and food was inspired by ideas I found on Pinterest (very addicting!).


No comments:

Post a Comment