Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nit-Picky Projects - Repairing the GPS Mount.

I know, in the grand scheme of things, this was a silly project.  There are a lot more vital projects that I could focus on but .... THIS.WAS.BOTHERING.ME.  Every time I walked by... which is a lot.

GPS Mount, back - BEFORE -
GPS Mount, front - BEFORE
The mount was firmly in place (not going anywhere)... but two screw holes had been striped and, as a result, the entire unit, rested crooked and did not look very "ship shape". 

Wood Filler, ACE Hardware - $5
To fix the striped holes, I purchased wood filler for about $5, from the hardware store.  I then pushed as much filler into the striped holes as possible and let set for 72 hours. 

Wood Filler - setting.
Next, I used some gray heavy duty outdoor spray paint to clean up this dull looking piece of wood (we do not have much wood on the exterior of the boat... so it kind of clashed anyhow).  I did four coats, letting each set for about 24 hours.

After Paint
Viola!  Finished product:

GPS Mount - AFTER
This was a nit-picky project... but I feel so much better now that it is done.  It was starting to remind me of the Dreaded Box.




No comments:

Post a Comment