Friday, July 22, 2011

Dock Culture

I like to joke around with my husband that we are hippies for choosing to liveaboard.  That was - until a few weeks ago we were put in our suburbia raised place.  

Don't get me wrong - our friends from the city think we are CRAZY.  Not just choosing a "different path" - CRAZY.  

We were sharing our almost nightly walk on the docks when I pointed out a couple to my husband, "... is THAT a GOAT?" (thinking that I am pointing out an odd looking dog ... or something)  

Yes - a goat on leash, on the docks.

Apparently, according to locals I have consulted, there is a couple (we have not met them) - that has a miniature milking goat and two laying hens ON.THEIR.BOAT.  Those are some earthy liveaboards - they have us beat.  I would love to get a picture of their set up.

Anyhow - tangent over - 

We were pleasantly surprised, last night, by a bag piper playing on the bow of a boat moored down the dock from us.  I was able to get a short video of him playing:




We love meeting cruisers that are passing through.  The cruising community is so welcoming and accepting and you get to experience unique and unexpected moments like this right from your home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment