Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hello

My name is Andrea.

Our family moved aboard our newly purchased 42' sailboat a week after our son was born.

The boat - "Ma'alahi" ("simple" or "simplicity" in Hawaiian) is moored 90 miles north of Seattle, WA on an island near the Canadian border.

My husband, T, works for a marine service company and I am lucky enough to be able to stay "at boat" with our two kids -M (2 months) and K (17 months) - and 70lb Lab "Buddy".  

We DO have dreams and distant plans for major cruising.  For now, however, I would like to share our live aboard journey with you:
  • How and why we moved aboard and what we have gained (and lost) from it.  
  • What tricks, resources, and products we have found to make living aboard with young children possible (and safe).
  • Boating trips that we hope to make in the future (when the kids stop totally overwhelming us!).  
  • Other experiences that we have been able to have as a result of NOT being tied down to land (and a mortgage). 
I am new to blogging.  I do not claim to be an accomplished or entertaining writer.  I hope to find my voice on this blog and become a pleasant resource to families who are considering taking the leap into a "simple" lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment