I have found a few nearly-one-pot/pan meals that are delicious AND I will make a point of sharing them with you.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef and chopped onion over medium heat until brown. Mix in tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning mix. Stir in pasta.
- Spoon beef mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle crumbled taco chips and grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve with chopped green onions and sour cream, if desired.