Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weekend on the Coast

A few weeks ago, I took the kiddos out to the coast for a good friend's baby shower.  I spent a lot of time in Westport when I was little.  My father operated a 50' Delta Hull charter boat out of Westport until he was diagnosed with terminal cancer when I was eight.  My family has deep roots in Westport and we do not get down there nearly as often as we should (it had been five years since my last visit).  

Westport is a small fishing town on the Washington coast.  Usually the weather is mediocre (think depressing misty fog).  The weather while we were visiting was gorgeous!

 
I kept telling T (on the phone) that I we should be sailing down the Washington coastline in this weather.  I did a lot of daydreaming about cruising while we walked the beach and watched Kate play in the tide pools. 


Someday ((deep longing sigh)) ... I hope we will be out there on Ma'alahi ( Ma'alahi II... or something??).


What a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment