Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Speaking of Water Safety...

It is getting to be that time of year when I start to get in gear for the holidays.  I love photography and make a point of having a fun photo Christmas card to send to family and friends...

There is a tree right at the top of the main dock that has the most vividly colored leaves.  In the past few days, most of them have fallen to the ground - making for a fun place for K to play and (::ahem:: more importantly) a unique photographing opportunity.  

Notice the NOT.SO.NOTICEABLE pond: 
 K didn't see it either.... 
Right after I was finished taking photos, she RAN right into the pond.  Surprisingly she went in feet first and stayed standing.  I think (and hope) it scared her ... but she did not cry.  I was right next to her and pulled her out immediately.  I am hoping that she will avoid this pond in the future when it is more visible.  Luckily, the car was parked about 50 feet away and we had clean laundry in the backseat... so she was warm and dry in less than two minutes. 

We did get a couple keepers though! 
M & K

No comments:

Post a Comment